Widows Benefits

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR BENEFITS, email us, or check with NAUS, at naus.org, our partner in D.C. When you join NAUS/SMW, you receive bi-monthly magazines, the NAUS Journal, keeping you up to date on any changes in widow's benefits.

We suggest you start with the Veterans Administration if your husband had any disability compensation at the time of his retirement or discharge. The all important form you will need is the DD214, the record and discharge form that covers your husband's service. (See the checklist page)

We will post here any information that might change your status as a military widow.